This past Saturday we were thrilled to add to our number of Mobile Messengers as our Bible School graduation was held in Namanga, Kenya. Among the graduates were three new Mobile Messengers from neighboring Tanzania, who were commissioned to go and share the good news of Jesus among their countrymen.
Did you know:
- At 365,756 square miles, Tanzania is the 13th largest country in Africa and the 31st largest in the world.
- The population of Tanzania is nearly 51 million people.
- Tanzania borders Kenya and Uganda to the north, Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo to the west and Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique to the south.
- Tanzania is located on the eastern coast of Africa and has an Indian Ocean coastline of approximately 500 miles.
- Tanzania is the site of Africa’s highest and lowest points: Mount Kilimanjaro at 19,341 feet above sea level and the floor of Lake Tanganyika at 1,155 feet below sea level.
Of course, in all of these facts about Tanzania, the only number that really matters is 51 million. Those are people. Individual men, women, boys and girls. Husbands and fathers, wives and mothers and children. Every one of them has an eternal destiny. Ecclesiastes 3:11 says, “… He has set eternity in their heart …”
Graduating and commissioning new Mobile Messengers is not the end of the work. It’s only a beginning. Now the real work begins as these men face the trials and obstacles that come along with preaching the good news of Jesus. Our prayers and financial support are critical to help them reach people with the truth of the gospel message and see lives changed for eternity. Please join us today. Pray for our Mobile Messengers. Pray for open doors to share and open hearts to receive. And please give generously to With Open Eyes to help us to be able to come alongside these and others with the Bible school training and equipment they need to reach the unreached and underserved among in their nations.