Great new twist on cooking spinach for us Americans! If you are doing Paleo or eating clean, this is a great recipe. Try it out and let us know what you think. Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Serves: 4-6 Ingredients:
- 2 lbs fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chili pepper
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, ground
- Place spinach and salt in a heavy 4-5 quart casserole.
- Cover tightly and cook over medium heat until spinach is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain spinach, squeezing it completely dry a handful at a time.
- Chop coarsely and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat.
- Add onions and chilies and cook, stirring frequently, until soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and peanuts and bring to a simmer over moderate heat.
- Reduce heat to its lowest point.
- Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until heated through, 4-5 minutes more.
Recipe courtesy of food.com